Monday, March 23, 2009

To succeed...You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you. -Tony Dorsett

Since beginning this journey on Anna Maria Island, a little under 2 months ago, we have run over 100 MILES. 100 MILES!!! That is the distance between Philadelphia's City Hall and Times Square in New York, and we have covered it on our feet!

On Saturday, we ran 10 MILES, the longest distance either of us had ever run, racking up our 100th mile and feeling a sense of accomplishment that we won't soon forget. There is something very special about hitting double digits in a single run. It was something that I never thought I would experience, and to be here now feels incredible. It was only when I went to write this entry that I realized that we must be getting close to the 100 mile mark. I looked through my weekly training logs, and as I added up the miles, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by how far Casey has brought us. I would never have done this without her. But even more important than the miles we have covered is the money we have raised. I am 75% of the way to my fundraising goal, and have reached a point where EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR I am raising is going directly to the cause. Every step we take brings us closer to a cure, which will truly be the ultimate finish line.

We have a full week ahead with lots of meetings, deadlines and miles to run. The big excitement will be waiting to hear how our friend Ashley Nolan did in her first half marathon ever in JERUSALEM, ISRAEL, which will take place on Thursday. She's running to raise money for diabetes in honor of her sister, so make sure to keep her in your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment