Sunday, March 15, 2009

Memoirs of a Diary Dropout

It is now that I remember why I have 13 or 14 journals/ diaries with only the first 4-5 pages filled out. It is now that I recall that I am absolute crap at sticking with them. For it has been at every "important" juncture in my life, which I have started a memoir of some sort to capture the feelings and the moments I was experiencing: the first day of fifth grade, the first day of public high school, my last year in senior row at camp, going off to college, moving in with ken, again when ken proposed, and then another on our honeymoon. They read like literary masterpieces (in my eyes) and then they dropped off without a warning, which is why I think I may have trouble keeping with them. Not to say that the previous blog entries have been masterpieces, but I believe that I am analyzing my entries too much, making it more of a chore than anything. . . so, starting today, as it comes out of my head, it's going into the blog.
Starting NOW!

Running hair: No one talks about running hair. It's absurd really. We discuss blisters, knee problems and hydration for hours on end, but no one addresses the hair. I bring it up mostly because until last week, when we ran 9 miles (yay!), I was under the impression that I looked absolutely stunning as I was jogging about Philadelphia. You've seen the girls before, with the perfect ponytail, and the coordinated outfit. . .I thought I was her, albeit a slower version, but her none-the-less. Until I got home and looked in the mirror, which apparently, I had never done before. This is what I saw:
Well, at least now I know that I can never really take myself too seriously. The good news is, that I really hadn't planned on it anyway.

I'll do anything for a t-shirt: Many people have heard me utter these words before, and truth be told, it may have been part of the reason I entered into the world of triathlon. Now I am running for a much bigger reason, and more important goal, but it doesn't make me love the t-shirts any less! Here's one we got from a 5 mile race this weekend. I finished in under an hour, which for me, was a really good run. Also, it was officially the longest road race we had ever competed in. Very exciting.


Ten miles loom for next week, but I am up for the challenge. I never thought I'd say this, but I think I am really beginning to enjoy running.

1 comment:

  1. Go Abby, GO!! Thrilled to read about your training exploits. You are amazing! You will rock the 10-miles this weekend. Love the running hair. I will send a pic of my own. Those perfectly pony-tailed girls are joggers. Real runners have wacky hair. =-)

    ReplyDelete